Friday, November 29, 2013

Nodule

Karin Millson, Nodule #1

This is not a finished piece. In fact it is a set-up so that I can put it up on the blog.

It reveals the geologist in me.
My current work is most certainly fed by the visuals associated with having my roots firmly planted in the Earth's rocky past.
And yet….
I am experimenting with a technique that reveals patterns and shapes that also take me back to beauties seen in New Zealand - photographed knowing that one day they would be a wonderful design source.

I do find it quite disturbing;  the shock is in seeing one's thoughts made real. - to see what is in my quietened mind, drawn out by my creativity.
It is all working at the subconscious level as I am not calling for this to happen, it just arrives like a gift before my eyes as I work.
Memories are reawakened.
Question: What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Answer: In this case, most definitely the Nodule.




1 comment:

arlee said...

what IS that? cool!