Monday, June 14, 2010

There is some great art around the ACAD Fibre department in the unlikeliest of places.
These were snatched from the canvas that is used to cover the printing tables and are a record of past student's work... amalgamated.
And what did I get up to today:-
I discovered some developments in the iron-staining of shibori pieces
Shaped, resists dyeing takes on another meaning with my paper pieces.  I am well-pleased with the way they look like tree bark...
Now I have to ponder how/how much stitching is needed.  And I have time to do that as I can't get back to the studio now for 2 full days... painful delay!

2 comments:

Quilt or Dye said...

Oh, totally lovely staining! I am also eagerly awaiting your getting back to your studio to continue working on the pieces. Please show us these pieces as they progress.

Karin Millson said...

Thanks, I will keep posting as the blog is now my diary of events at the residency.
Stitched on a piece today and will blog about it later.