Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I designate myself a full-time mixed media artist


I am going to apply to the Alberta Craft Council... I have to tick a box for Full time, Part time, hobbyist... etc.... I am taking it very seriously and will tick full time.  Before now I have used the words 'full time' in the following context, "It is like I have a full time job, so I can't come round for coffee..."  Even so I do allow too many distractions in my working week.  Mainly because I don't want to go so pale, through lack of sunlight, that you can see the blueness of my internal organs and I don't want to forget how to hold an adult conversation through isolation.  But there are other ways to be with people that are more directly related to my work and I am going to allocate time to these instead.
I have periods of reflection when I am away from home, on annual leave (I am an expat.). The result is usually the formulation of a wish list, new action plan and setting of goals and then I return home and put the plans into action.  Weirdly though, I am doing this now, before the summer holidays.  And it feels good.

No comments: