Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Inspired

Thanks to all at Contextural and the critique meeting last night I am even more inspired and have decided to sign up for the Artists Residency at ACAD (Alberta College of Art and Design).  The group are really a talented crowd who teach me so much and generally keep me buzzing along.

So today I have been working on Pink Lady a particularly delicate Nudibranch (they will all have latin names eventually, I might go for Italian rather than latin as giving organic art forms latin names is a bit passé (don't you think?).  I have continue with the colour swatches of Opulence Acid dyes (see below), Stitched a couple of patchwork squares and done some recording of worm types.... essential as I am getting rather confused and need to get to the dye stage with these creatures as I am losing the plot rather.  I think i have 6 species so far.

Don't ask about the jelly beans.  But let's just say it is allegorical for what goes on in my head for most of my waking hours.

No comments: