Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The WIP - Work in Progress blog link (at right)  has helped me to stay focussed... and provided gratification as I aim to post something I am doing each week.
Above is  a sample - ??Quilt?? so I am a quilter now?  Yes, it has 3 layers and is quilted and padded... a type of trapunto quilting I suppose (but without the slit, I never liked the end result of that).
It is a piece I will use in the workshop Flexing Felt that takes place here on Friday.  I loved making this piece... just to do some hand stitching... now I just have to finish off the seeding and then with some more lines but of hand stitching.

It is a piece for winter.  But I think it has potential as the edging for a winter scarf. I just need to source the right type of (micro) fleece.

The Research and Development Event, mentioned last week, will take place on 9th December and all places are full, with a waiting list and list for a future session too.... I hope to post some images of the outcome.  If you are interested in Textile Techniques, workshops or master-classes please email me.



4 comments:

arlee said...

ooo you knew i would like this no doubt--and very cubey winter!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Lovely stitching and felting. Really like the blues.
best, nadia

M-R Charbonneau said...

Looking great! Love your hand stitching - adds some great whimsy.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

I looove winter. Thank you for linking! I wish you much Focus and Gratification as a result : )
~Monika