Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Thanks for your support - Jane.

I am getting a lot of support from friends and family. I give thanks for that.
This time it was a generous gift of ends of spools from Jane Stafford.
Imagine my happiness to discover this Aladdin's Cave of threads available on my doorstep - a half an hour's drive north, on the island.
Jane wants to empty the spools / I want a selection of coloured threads for my next knotted piece of art.
A marriage made in heaven.  How clever of Jane to propose it.
Thanks again Jane.

The Institute for Canadian Citizenship has given me some ideas for colour combinations.
I don't want to get into trouble for illustrating this blog entry with their logos... do go here to learn about all their good works.
https://www.inclusion.ca/about/

My works recently are about thoughts and connectivity, particularly across cultures
I certainly won't be using their (probably copyrighted) colour choices, but the concept of using colours for suggesting diversity is clearly sound.
Whilst searching about on the Institute's website I learnt about the LaFontaine-Baldwin Lectures ( since 2000) and am now listening to them (online).  What a gift too.

No comments: