Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Art around the city

We were thrilled to see an artist (Mary-Leigh Doyle) at work en plein air.  What could be more wonderful -  just at the Elbow Drive, Glenmore Trail junction... which I drive by every day (school run).  So we will have happy memories of chatting with the artist as she, firstly, prepared the background and then made it come alive with her everyday scene?!? of shoeing magpies.
Like my daughter Mary-Leigh loves puns... Hope you get them.


This isn't to say that we wont miss the ghosts that used to make random visits to this area... indeed, at this very spot, some months ago.  I am sure they will have gone to better place.

And what of my progress re-website?  Well, I find that a combination of some knowledge of Photoshop + my age, such that I do remember some code ( from typing up my thesis in one of the first versions of word processing ), put me in a good position on the exponential learning curve for Dreamweaver..... though still on the uphill and struggling part...
Thanks to all who messaged me advice.  I'm really encouraged, thanks.


2 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Sweet! All the boxes here are painted. ; ) Did you know I lived in Calgary for 10 yrs? ; )
~Monika in Saskatoon

elle said...

Very cool. Luv the pun!