Monday, April 11, 2011

Friday was a good friday

Friday evening I had a night out with my daughter.  It started off with a reception for the opening of the new Gallery and Frame Store "Framed on Fifth" whose owner is a pleasure to work with.  (I have posted the only link I could find for the gallery... since it is so new I guess Hannah hasn't had a chance to create a web site of its own yet) The small gallery was nicely packed with the work of Patricia Thomson - exhibiting April 4 - 30th.  Her oils and stitched work are delightful... pop over and take a look.  The stitched pieces are nice... with use of block machine stitching to give that painterly look one can get from densely stitching by machine.  Sadly I am not having much luck with websites today - Patricia's is phished.... it seems, so I haven't linked to it here- sorry...

From there we went to Resolution Gallery on 10th and looked around their silent auction and the boutique below. And I was introduced to Ruby Johnson of Ruby Ellen DESIGNS who is delightful... and who generously offered to have some of my pieces in her studio... "To brighten the place up." Wouldn't it be wonderful to have some of my shibori incorporated into a wedding dress.  Even if it only happened once in my lifetime... wow!
Here is a pink delight to get the thought processes going ....
From there we went to Gratitude Cafe and had a splendid evening playing chess/rummy and eating vegetarian - gluten- and nut- free food which was delicious.
A very wholesome evening.

No comments: