Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sweet Bag - for Aliya, Postcard for Deborah


I am benefiting from the support of Pfaff sewing machine company here in Calgary and attended a workshop where Kerin demonstrated how to make this small bag. I used bits of my sewing machine that I had not done before. I now know how to sew a button hole for instance!!

So there is cutwork, lacework, wing-needle embroidery as well as stitching out motifs using the computer software.

The bag is big enough to hold a loo roll - I know cos I made a second one and gave it to Ragnhild - another new arrival here in Calgary, as a house warming gift! And what every new house needs is a spare loo roll in its holder.

Then there is this postcard made to send a get well wish to Deborah... My first attempt at felting with a felting needle, silk and wool and hand and machine stitching.

Now I am off to the local post office - to see if they will accept it. Will the stamp stay on? Will it arrive at her hospital bed intact or at all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, very nice... I am glad that (hopefully) auntie debz will get this card and it will cheer her up. not "hopefully" it will cheer her up, but "hopefully" she will get the card.

btw, this is just a test comment, but what I wrote wasn't a test.
it's testing an untested test for a test.

hahaha
okay i should stop, 4 i am rambling.